8.) Look For A Record Setting Year For Defensive Backs
The secondary class for the draft this year is loaded with talent from the top to the bottom of the draft. Since switching the draft to seven rounds, the most defensive backs taken in one draft was 57 back in 2009. As it stands right now, CBS Sports has a draftable grade on 72 defensive backs, 15 more than the record. That does not necessarily mean every one of those players will get drafted but the potential for the most selections ever for that class can occur and I think the record will fall.
There is also the record for six cornerbacks and four safeties selected in the first round. I don’t know if either of those two records will fall this year but this class certainly has enough potential at the top to at least tie it. This is a great year to need some secondary players and not only are they talented, but there is a lot of height and athleticism, something to which teams are looking for to deal with stronger more athletic WRs and TEs.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on