5.) The Diluted Drug Tests Will Not Affect Draft Stock
Some of the biggest storylines days before the Draft have been about the diluted drug tests for Reuben Foster and more notably Jabrill Peppers. The NFL has a weird rule and although both “technically” failed the drug test, neither tested positive for any banned substances. Their sample tested more water than normal but that does not imply that they were taking any banned substances.
Joe Thomas had a lot of good commentary about the situation on Twitter this week if you want more information. Usually if a player has a dilute sample, they make them retest until the sample is not dilute and can be properly tested. For whatever reason at the Combine that is not the case and the story becomes a bigger deal than it should. I would not penalize or be worried about a player testing positive for a diluted sample because it doesn’t show that they were breaking any of the rules.
Instead they were just an unfortunate recipient of some bad circumstances. If either of them falls it will be in regards to a lack of true position for Peppers or medical and other character concerns with Foster.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on