1.) 4 QBs Will Go In the First Round
For as much talk as there is about how the QBs this year aren’t that great, there is still a premium value put on the position and therefore will almost always be overdrafted. For what it is worth, the benefit of drafting a player in the first round gives the team a fifth-year option on that player where they do not get that option drafting them in the second.
For a GM, that could be the difference of having a QB still on a lower salary or having an option to keep them around if they want them as a backup or need another year to decide their future fate. It’s a win now league and if a team does not have their QB they could be fired. Look for these reasons to be why four go in the first round on Thursday.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on