7.) OJ Howard Could Tie For the Highest Drafted TE
It has been a long time since a TE has gone high in the draft. The highest a TE has ever gone is fifth overall which has happened twice. Mike Ditka did it in 1961 and Riley Odoms in 1972. There could be two teams to watch in this showcase. Jacksonville and Tennessee are two teams in the top five that may be looking at Howard. Jacksonville has Mychal Rivera and Marcedes Lewis as their starting TEs after trading Julius Thomas to Miami.
After spending lots of free agency money in fixing the defense, an offensive playmaker could be in the mix at number four. The Titans also did some work in improving their secondary in free agency and could be looking at another option for Marcus Mariota. Howard is arguably the most complete TE to come out of the draft since Vernon Davis in 2006 and could justify joining elite company in the top five.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on