By Payton Vince
You truly never know how short life can be. The saying “only the good die young” is an absolute fact. I wouldn’t even consider Matthew Medley a friend, I’d consider him a brother.
Hearing the news Tuesday that he had passed away was devastating. I just saw him last Friday and we all were playing cornhole. He said all the way leading up until Friday “Whose ready to lose in cornhole!?” . Matt was a great dude all around.
From the times we would talk about sports back when he was a student and I’d be doing some prep for THAT SPORT SHOW in the computer lab at OCB
Or the one time while we were both covering an Indians game and he came back up to the press box with 4 hot dogs (it was dollar dog night that night) and I was confused as to how he got them since I thought you can only eat at Press Dining. He said I went down stairs and got them , it’s dollar dog night bro. I never even thought of that but it was a genius idea!
Matt would even stop by and visit me at work at Strongsville mall and we’d chat about sports. Matt would go down to LIDS and pick up some hats and bring them back to show me what he had got and let me know about a deal going on there. Matt showed me a purchase of a Seattle Seahawks hat and I asked him if he was a fan of the Seahawks and he said “No not at all, I just like the hat..and it was a good price.”
I’m gonna miss you brother.
Rest In Peace Matt Medley. ??
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on