By Ashley Bastock
I write this still reeling from the loss of Matt. While I didn’t know him as long as most on this site did, I considered him a friend rather quickly into our professional relationship. After covering a hand full of high school games this winter, Matt went to bat for me to get me onto Cavs coverage with him. Following the disappointing end to the Cavs season, Matt sent me a note just thanking me for coming on board to NEOSI, and telling me that I helped make the site better.
That was the kind of person Matt was– while he was an incredibly talented journalist, he was an even better colleague and friend. He always trusted and bolstered the rest of us, giving us his confidence along the way. I will miss Matt’s writing, and I will miss working with him– but even more importantly, I will miss my friend.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on