1. One big swing for Ramirez
Jose Ramirez put the Indians up for good in the first inning when he belted a homer to center field on a 1-0, 95.7 mph four-seamer.
The long ball gave the Indians a 3-0 lead as Francisco Lindor drew a walk and Michael Brantley reached first on an error prior to Ramirez’s at-bat. It was also Ramirez’s 22nd homer this year, tying him for second in baseball with Boston’s JD Martinez. Both sit just behind L.A.’s Mike Trout, who has 23 on the year.
In addition to extending his team’s lead, Ramirez also extended his on-base streak to 28 games with the swing. The streak is a career-high, and is the third-longest active streak in MLB. Across the streak he is batting .284 (29-for-102) with nine homers and 19 RBI.
Question. What kind of ? is the best ??
— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) June 20, 2018
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on