This soccer article, and every soccer article we bring you at NEOSI is brought to you by our latest sponsor, Soccer Shots! North East Ohio’s Premier Youth Soccer Program! Interested in putting your child into soccer? Look no further then Soccer Shots. You can visit them here
After an impressive 3-0 win in Pittsburgh Tuesday night, the Cleveland SC soccer team has their destiny in their own hands as they head into this crucial weekend. Up next is a two game set, first they take on the front running Erie Commodores on Friday night under the lights at Don Shula Stadium on the campus of John Carroll University.
Erie comes into the match at 6-0-1 and a clear favorite to win the NPSL Midwest East Division. Cleveland SC relishes the underdog role however and plans to unleash a furious attack on the pitch from start to finish. Erie is only up on Cleveland 19-15 heading into this weekend. Each win, would bring 3 more points to Cleveland SC.
Step one will be the clash with Erie on Friday Night. Step two following a hopeful win for Cleveland SC, will be their regular season home finale against the visiting Syracuse FC who currently sits at 2-6. It will be crucial for Cleveland SC to swipe both games and move into first place as their last two matches are on the road against those same two teams.
A full look at the current NPSL Midwest Standings can be seen below.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on