1.) Don’t force a QB
I mentioned it in my other article but the worst thing the Browns can do is force a QB. This is not a great QB class by any means and the top two guys this year rank lower than the QBs taken in the first round the last couple of years for me with the exception of Johnny Manziel who I thought should have been a third rounder.
What’s left for the Browns is a mediocre second tier. While I agree they need a QB, they don’t necessarily need one this year. Drafting a QB this year means committing to him next year as well with a high potential between the Eagles and Browns picks of landing another top five pick next year. The Browns could add playmakers this year and take the next step by taking a QB and another top player next draft. If the Browns really like a guy this year, fine. If not, don’t take one because it will only set the team back again.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on