2. The Offensive Funk
The numbers this offense is putting up right now is in a word – awful.
How about the following – .153 over the last five games, haven’t scored in 43 of their last 48 innings, and again Thursday they went 1-for-7 with runners in scoring position.
They’ve scored one run in three of their last five games, and in the loss on Wednesday scored just two runs. Thank goodness for the Yan Gomes three-run blast on Tuesday or this offense would look even worse right now.
Jason Kipnis’ hammy acted up and he was pulled, yet another blow to an offense that wasn’t doing much with him, but it would be nice to see him get the chance to get hot.
The Indians 3-4-5 hitters went a combined 1-for-11 on Thursday night with one hit (Jose Ramirez) with a walk and strikeout.
The team really didn’t have many chances on Thursday with four hits, but when they did have a shot to come up with a big hit, they once again didn’t do it.
They don’t make it easy to watch.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on