1) Elite Company
Cleveland Indians third baseman Jose Ramirez joined some very elite company with his first inning home run. Ramirez became the third switch hitter in MLB history to hit 29 home runs before the All-Star break, joining Mickey Mantle (2x) and Lance Berkman.
Indians fans were pleased last season when Ramirez hit 29 home runs for the entire season, considering the double digit increase from 2016. Luckily for Indians fans Ramirez seems to have more up his sleeves this season as he has now matched his home run output from last year and there is still 68 games remaining this season. Ramirez’s home run allowed him to stay tied with Boston Red Sox slugger JD Martinez who homered earlier in the day, if Ramirez is able to continue to keep pace with Martinez he would become the first Tribe hitter since Al Rosen (1950) to hold or share the MLB lead in home runs, who was tied with Ted Williams.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on