1. Big Night at the Plate
The Indians offense went up against Sox starter Lucas Giolito, and made the young Chicago pitcher look like a guy with an ERA that was closing in on eight runs a game.
They hit him early and often, and drove him out of the game after six innings, getting him for five runs on nine hits with two homers.
The two blasts came from Michael Brantley, a solo shot in the 3rd, and Jose Ramirez, who belted a two-run bomb in the 5th to make it a 5-1 game.
All in all it was as good as a night at the plate as you would expect against a young pitcher struggling to get outs, and in that respect the Indians didn’t let the fans at Progressive Field down.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Kyrie Irving’s Impact with the Cleveland Cavaliers on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Exceeded Expectations this Season, What’s Needed in the Offseason on
- Is There Really An Appetite For The NFL In The UK? on
- Cleveland SC Hires New Coach Vlad Muresan on
- 2022 May Be Make Or Break For Browns Head Coach Kevin Stefanksi on