1. More Unfocused Play at Home
The Indians are now just 5-9 in series openers at Progressive Field, and after having a day off on Monday there’s no excuse for this team to come out against a 34-48 Padres team and not put up a single run.
The team has been bad for the most part all year at home, and fall to 18-22 at Progressive Field, and worst of all it came on a night when there wasn’t a seat to be had, as it was the second sellout in 2017.
With so much excitement in the park, and with their ace on the mound, once again the teams’ night at the plate can be defined by one word – undisciplined.
As for the defense, their lack of focus on that side led to the Padres only run on back-to-back screw ups in the field between Jason Kipnis and Francisco Lindor, and it cost them in the 5th.
This might have been one of, if not thee most frustrating loss of the year based on the fact that Kluber was dominant, the crowd was into it, and the team was coming off winning two of three in Detroit.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on