2. Ugly Night at the Plate
The Indians offense against the Padres pitching staff should have been a mismatch, and it was.
In favor of the Padres that it.
The top four in the Tribe lineup went an ugly 0-for-14 with two walks and six strikeouts, and two of them (Francisco Lindor and Michael Brantley) are two of the five Indians All-Stars.
The Tribe left seven men on base total, and left a runner on third base in four straight innings. They couldn’t muster a run against Padres starter Trevor Cahill and a bunch of San Diego relief pitchers, and because of it Corey Kluber lost in a game he really should have won.
The teams’ hits with runners in scoring
hird base in each of the last four innings. They have scored zero runs. I believe that is not ideal.
Indians now hitless in 10 at-bats with RISP tonight.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on