CLEVELAND – Ugh.
On a night when the fireworks were great, the crowd was into it, and Francisco Lindor had his bobblehead passed out in mass, the Indians again were a letdown, losing the lowly San Diego Padres 1-0 at Progressive Field.
Corey Kluber did his part on the night, striking out 10 in eight innings, but a base running mistake by Jose Ramirez, a defensive letdown in the fifth, and an awful night at the plate overall all equaled another tough to swallow night for the Tribe.
The team is now just 18-22 at home, and while they will come back Wednesday still in first place, this was another shot to go up against a team that is going nowhere to create some distance in the division, and they failed to do it.
Here’s three takeaways from Tuesday’s shutout loss.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on