1.) Danny Salazar strong outing, Derek Holland stronger
In Wednesday’s ball game, Danny Salazar pitched 6 great innings, gave up 4 hits, 2 earned runs, 2 walks, and had 11 strikeouts. This was the 11th time in his career that he had double-digit strikeouts in a game and Salazar also tied his career high in strikeouts.
After a rough 2nd inning, Salazar settled in the last 4 innings and in his final inning of work struck out the White Sox lineup in order.
Derek Holland on the other hand though was just stronger. Holland also went 6 innings, only gave up one hit, walked 4, and struck out 4. The difference between Holland and Salazar was that Holland avoided a rough inning and had a no-hitter through the first five innings.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on