The Strongsville Mustangs are looking for a strong finish to the 2019 season as they make a playoff push the final two weeks of the season.
Right now at 5-3 they have little margin for error, and one of their final two games will be a test that will see them take on the top state ranked Mentor Cardinals.
Part of the success of the Mustangs in 2019 is the play of Garret Clark, was was back at it as the workhorse of the Mustangs offense Friday in a 56-33 win over Elyria.
Clark couldn’t and wouldn’t be stopped on this night, going off for 215 yards on 27 carries.
He was rewarded for his efforts with 6 rushing scores and scored again on a kickoff return.
It was a record-breaking night for Clark, as his seven touchdowns broke Brandon Murphy’s single-game record at the school.
For his efforts, Clark is this week’s “NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week” for week eight.
The awards final voting went as follows
Garret Clark Strongsville 75 Percent
Brody Stallings Cloverleaf 21 Percent
Kyrs Riley-Richardson Streetsboro 3 Percent
Ethan Wright Manchester 1 Percent
Our 2019 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week Award Winners
Week 1: Joe Labas Brecksville
Week 2: Bryce Newton Midview
Week 3: Ben Anderson Bay
Week 4: Garet Clark Strongsville
Week 5: Owen Bainbridge Stow
Week 6: Desmond Malone Perry
Week 7: Ethan Surdock Midview
Week 8: Garret Clark Strongsville
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on