The Brecksville Bees nearly scored a big opening night upset against the tough Olmsted Falls Bulldogs at home, falling in the final seconds by a point 28-27.
One reason though for optimism for the Brecksville program is the play of junior quarterback Joe Labas, who this week took home our week one award for the ‘NEOSI High School Football Player of the week.’
Labas won with 34 percent of the votes (1389 votes), topping Brunswick QB Jacob Scherette who came in second with 30 percent of the over 4,000 votes (1248 votes).
On the night Labas went 21-for-32 passing for 285 yards and two touchdowns. He also added 65 yards and another touchdown on the ground.
Congrats to Joe and all of our candidates from week one!
The awards final voting went as follows
Joe Labas Brecksville 34 Percent
Jacob Scherette Brunswick 30 Percent
Drew Schiano Perry 19 Percent
Andrew Wilson-Lamp Massillon 15 Percent
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on