The Strongsville Mustangs found themselves in a battle last Friday night with Shaker Heights in a week four home affair, but thanks to the stellar play of Garret Clark, the Mustangs sit today at 4-0.
Clark for his amazing efforts against the Red Raiders takes home our week four “NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week Award.”
The Strongsville back ran for 179 yards rushing on 32 carries with a pair of touchdowns, but the play that cemented the win was his 97-yard kickoff return midway through the fourth quarter, putting the Mustangs up 29-25 in their eventual 31-25 victory to push them to 4-0.
Clark collected 56.6 percent of the votes this week, topping second-place vote getters Grant McCurry of Solon and Dréden Owens of Lake, each who had 16 percent of the votes.
The Mustangs will need another big night tonight from Clark, as they will travel to Brunswick in a huge Greater Cleveland Conference showdown with the Blue Devils at 7pm.
The awards final voting went as follows
Garret Clark Strongsville 56 Percent
Grant McCurry Solon 16 Percent
Dréden Owens Lake 16 Percent
Jaabir Mujihad Euclid 9 Percent
Our 2019 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week Award Winners
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on