2. Kluber’s Outing
Corey Kluber gave up six hits, one run, one walk and stuck out four in five and one-third innings of work.
With only four strikeouts, Kluber’s streak of eight-plus strikeout games ended at 14. His run was the fourth longest in league history.
The scariest part of the evening, however, was when Kluber landed awkwardly and seemed to roll his right ankle as he was running from the mound to cover first base in the sixth inning.
He stayed in the game for one more batter before manager Terry Francona yanked him.
The team gave official word that Kluber has a right ankle sprain. Following the win, Francona said that the sprain is not a high ankle sprain, and that it’s believed to be mild. He also said that Kluber will likely try and pitch a bullpen session this week, and if all goes well he won’t need to miss a start.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on