1. Bruce Almighty!
Tonight was only the ninth game for Jay Bruce as a Cleveland Indian, and yet, it’s hard to imagine this team without him.
Bruce was once again absolutely dominant, recording three hits and five RBI in five at-bats.
The five RBI were just one shy of his career high, but even more impressive is the fact that two of those at-bats were home runs.
The first ho mer came in the first inning, when Bruce hit a two-run bomb to right center field to give Cleveland a 3-0 lead.
His second homer came in the seventh inning when he rocked another pitch over the center field wall to score Austin Jackson and Edwin Encarnacion, and to give the Indians an eight run lead, 9-1.
In his nine games since joining the squad, Bruce is batting .406 (13-for-32). Friday also marked his 25th career multi-homer game.
There’s also been plenty of wealth to go around. Since Bruce joined the Indians, Carlos Santana, Encarnacion and Bruce have all had multi-homer games.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on