On Friday the Cleveland Indians issued the following press release:
CLEVELAND, OH – The Cleveland Indians today announced the following roster moves relative to the 2017 Major League roster:
Activated LHP ANDREW MILLER from the 10-day Disabled List.
Placed OF ABRAHAM ALMONTE on the 10-day Disabled List with left hamstring strain.
Optioned LHP RYAN MERRITT (26th man) back to Triple-A Columbus.
Miller was on the disabled list from August 2-17 with patellar tendonitis in his right knee, making a scoreless relief appearance with AAA Columbus on August 16 (1.0IP). So far this year he is 4-3 with 2 saves and a 1.67 ERA in 46 relief appearances (54.0IP, 26H, 10ER, 15BB, 78SO, .141 avg), the third-lowest relief ERA in the American League to date.
Almonte begins his second stint on the D.L. this season. So for in 2017 for Cleveland he has batted .222 (32-144) with 6 doubles, 3 triples, 3 home runs and 10 RBI in 53 games.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on