10. ATLANTA FALCONS (10)
Julio Jones is nothing but a reminder of how the Browns failed miserably in yet another draft process to me. Double digit catches (13) and another 100+ receiving yard day, (135) Jones and the red hot Falcons find themselves in a good position heading over to Dallas in a Week 3 match-up that favors Atlanta.
11. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS (11)
After a tough loss doled out by the Bengals, I have faith that Philip Rivers and Co. will find a way to light the Vikings up next week. Melvin Gordon had some quality touches and seems to be finding his way in that high volume San Diego offense.
12. DALLAS COWBOYS (8)
Despite being 2-0, there is not much upside for this crippled franchise. No Tony Romo, Dez Bryant, and now possibly it seems Jason Witten’s status for Sunday is uncertain. Very hard to build a case for Brandon Weeden as the guy you hang your hat on. If Dallas is going to succeed, that defense needs to keep up the intensity.
13. NEW YORK JETS (22)
Making a giant leap in the Power Rankings, the Harvard alumni Ryan Fitzpatrick has led the Jets to a strong start and Brandon Marshall continues to bully opposing DB’s. Add Chris Ivory’s road grater mentality and a stout defense and you may have yourself a recipe for a pivotal game in New England later in Week 7.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on