6. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (3)
Speaking of the Chiefs — we find them here at No.6, a few spots down from last week. Okay, I may have over-reacted putting them into the Top 3 after Week 1 but you cannot deny the strong performance Alex Smith had against Houston; just like you cannot deny the extremely poor performance he had against the Broncos.
7. BUFFALO BILLS (6)
Rex Ryan played victim to Belichick again as the Bills could not find any answers for the aerial assault that was the New England Patriots offense. It was very tempting to have this team plummet into the depths of the Power Rankings, but a relapse against a team like New England can be expected. I still believe this team will find its way, and be the legitimate contender we all were led to believe.
8. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (4)
The once dominating defense of the Seattle Seahawks is having trouble, stumbling out of the gate to start this season. Switching to the other side of the ball, Marshawn Lynch couldn’t even accomplish 3.0 YPC finishing with 2.7 on 15 attempts. This offense needs to find a way to get the running game back in-tact or else they could drop a lot further if another disappointing outing follows in Week 3.
9. PITTSBURGH STEELERS (15)
Exposed. That is how I would describe the 49ers — who unfortunately had to take that beating from Big Ben and fill-in man DeAngelo Williams, who finished the day with three rushing TD’s. Cracking the Top 10 seemed like a fair reward after dismantling San Francisco. Our next spot also has a new team to round out the Top 10.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on