He was the hero that nearly sent the Indians to their first World Series since 1948 when he hit a two-run homer that sent Progressive Field into a frenzy in the 8th inning of game seven of the World Series in 2016 against the Cubs.
Now, it appears he’s back with the Tribe trying to recreate the magic that he had two seasons ago.
According to reports, the Indians have agreed to a minor-league deal with outfielder Rajai Davis, a player who two seasons ago was a spark plug and a solid voice in the locker room for the Indians.
Rajai Davis is in Tribe camp. Said Chisenhall: “We’re getting the band back together.” Indians haven’t announced anything, but hearing it’s a Minor League deal with non-roster invite.
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) February 17, 2018
In 2016 he lead the American League with 43 steals, hitting .249 with 12 homers and 48 runs batted in. No homer in Indians history though was as the dramatic as the one in game seven against the Cubs.
Last season he hit .235 with five homers and 20 RBIs with 29 steals with the A’s and Red Sox. Now he’ll try to make it back to the Tribe again, hoping to catch the magic he had two seasons ago.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on