2) There are Better NFL Ready Candidates
Two of the biggest names linked to filling the Browns head coaching vacancy come from the college ranks in Oklahoma’s Lincoln Riley and Iowa State’s Matt Campbell. However, history shows that the transition from college coach to the NFL isn’t always a smooth one.
Dorsey and the Browns brass have good reason to be hesitant of going that route and may instead look to some of their NFL coaching colleagues for their next head man. Yes, Williams is one of them, however he’s hardly the most sought after candidate.
Names like New England’s Josh McDaniels, Minnesota’s John DeFilippo and Kansas City’s Eric Bieniemy are all the rage these days. All three are more coveted as a potential head coach than Williams.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns Coach Kevin Stefanski Set to Return for Divisional Game in Kansas City on
- Cavs trade Thomas, Frye and first-round pick to Lakers on
- Indians Decline 2018 Team Option on Relief Pitcher Boone Logan on
- Cavaliers Make Signing of Guard Deron Williams Official on
- Indians Reported to be in Talks for Milwaukee C Jonathan Lucroy on