BROOKLYN, Ohio- The Rocky River Pirates looked to right their wrong from last season after a quick exit in the 2017 Baron Cup. On Thursday, they made sure to make a point against Midview.
Led by Teddy Stueber’s hat-trick, the Pirates started to open up the game offensively as time progressed.
After some back-and-forth battling for good looks, Luke Witzigrueter began the Rocky River scoring with a marker at the 11:09 mark. Noah Hess followed with a strike from the blue line with 4.5 seconds left to send the Pirates into the locker room with a 2-0 lead.
The second period was an exchange between the two teams that saw Nick Verlotti and Teddy Steuber get their respective teams a goal. What looked to be a close game heading into the last frame was surely not to be.
Rocky River took care of the Middies in the third period with an offensive barrage. Stueber, Spencer Asmar, Eddie Zuercher, and Nolan Weaver all tallied goals en route to an 8-2 victory for Rocky River. Stueber landed the hat trick and continues to put together a strong career for the Pirates.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on