CLEVELAND – Jason Kipnis provided the heroics on Wednesday night with a ninth inning grand slam that sent everyone home happy as the Tribe topped Chicago 4-1 at Progressive Field.
Thursday night the Indians will look for the three-game sweep in the final matchup at Progressive Field in 2018 between the two, and the Tribe will send Josh Tomlin back to the mound as he looks for his second win of 2018.
The Sox will enter action at 59-92, while the Indians stand at 85-66, as with 12 games left they will look to enter the postseason on a high note.
Here’s a quick look at tonight’s game:
Date: Thursday, September 20
Time: 7:10 p.m. ET
Location: Progressive Field
Starting Pitchers: RHP James Shields (7-16, 4.53) vs. RHP Josh Tomlin (1-5, 6.49)
TV Channel: SportsTime Ohio
Online Stream: MLB.TV
Radio: ALT 99.1, AM WTAM 1100 and WMMS 100.7
Click the next pages for a preview of tonight’s matchup against the Sox.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on