1. A Step Forward for Tomlin
Indians starter Josh Tomlin didn’t pitch poorly, but took a no-decision after the Tigers rallied after the Indians were able to tie the game after back-to-back homers in the 6th inning.
The line for Tomlin wasn’t bad after he allowed a leadoff homer in the eventual Tigers win. He went four innings, allowing two runs on four hits with a walk and two K’s.
Tomlin will get one more start, and it’s a stretch to think he’s going to make the playoff roster, so the next time out might be the last time he throws in an Indians uniform, and Thursday’s start might be his last at Progressive Field.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on