We’re a week into the 2015-16 NBA season, and here’s our second of our weekly Top 10 Power Rankings.
1. Golden State Warriors (3-0)
Last Week: 1
The Warriors picked back up right where they left off in June, dominating opponents, winning three in a row to start the season.
Steph Curry looks like he’s on a mission to win back to back MVPs, and it’s an off night for him if he scores less than 40. If it were possible to rank Golden State anywhere higher than number one, they’d be there.
2. Oklahoma City Thunder (3-0)
Last Week: 4
The biggest question regarding OKC this season was whether or not Kevin Durant would be back to his old self, and thus far he hasn’t missed a beat. Durant scored 43 in a double overtime shootout against Orlando in which he and Russell Westbrook combined for 91 points.
The return of KD doesn’t appear to take away from Westbrook’s ability to dominate a game as he continues to put up huge scoring numbers while flirting with triple doubles on a nightly basis.
The Batman and Robin of the NBA are going to take this team far. The difference between now and two years ago is that on any given night, you never know which one will be the sidekick.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on