CLEVELAND – Three teams are 8-0 for the first time in NFL History. The Patriots, Bengals, and Panthers round out the Top 3 for good reason – they’re untouchable through the first nine weeks of the season.
While being able to execute a strategic game plan at a high level can contribute to an undefeated record, staying healthy is something the Top 3 have been able to do for the most part, which doesn’t hurt either (literally).
The loss of Dion Lewis is significant for the Patriots but the depth Bill Belichick has been able to produce at the running position year after year tells me the backfield in Foxboro will be A-OK without Lewis – though his production speaks for itself through this point in the season. Here are some key match-ups to keep an eye on for Week 10.
Bills vs. Jets – Thursday Night Football
Vikings vs. Raiders
Cardinals vs. Seahawks – Sunday Night Football
NEO Sports Insiders NFL Power Rankings
1. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (1) 8-0
Hold off Kirk Cousins and his ferocious offensive onslaught: Check. While that may not have been the appropriate objective headline for the Patriots, Tom Brady took care of business at home and will travel to the meadowlands to take on the New York Giants this week.
2. CINCINNATI BENGALS (3) 8-0
The leaders of the AFC North had a momentary lapse of play the first half of the Thursday night game against Cleveland but turned the gas up on the Browns simmering pot of pathetic play. Marvin Lewis and Bill Belichick are the top two tenured head coaches in the NFL. Stability is a main reason these teams sit atop the league, looking down on franchises that switch GM’s and coaching staffs every few years, if not every year.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on