Lindor on Dr. Smooth: “Brant's been doing a great job behind me. Brant is the best hitter on the team and one of the best hitters in the league. Whenever he's behind you, he's going to protect you.” pic.twitter.com/jhJLDxMr0E
— Ashley Bastock (@AshleyBastock42) May 13, 2018
2. The doctor is in
For as hot as Lindor was on Saturday, Michael Brantley matched him nearly swing for swing.
Brantley went 3-for-4 at the plate, and batted in two runs.
He brought Lindor home in the first inning, smacking a 1-1 changeup to right field for an RBI single. In the sixth inning, Brantley doubled to right on a slider, plating Lindor and giving the Indians their first lead of the game at 3-2. In the seventh inning he followed up Lindor’s homer with another single.
The duo of Brantley and Lindor accounted for seven of Cleveland’s hits on Saturday and all five of their extra-base hits.
“Brant’s been doing a great job behind me,” Lindor said after the game. “Brant is the best hitter on the team and one of the best hitters in the league. Whenever he’s behind you, he’s going to protect you.”
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Kyrie Irving’s Impact with the Cleveland Cavaliers on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Exceeded Expectations this Season, What’s Needed in the Offseason on
- Is There Really An Appetite For The NFL In The UK? on
- Cleveland SC Hires New Coach Vlad Muresan on
- 2022 May Be Make Or Break For Browns Head Coach Kevin Stefanksi on