INDEPENDENCE, OHIO– Cavaliers point guard George Hill was excused from the team’s practice on Saturday to attend his college graduation at IUPUI.
Per the Associated Press, Hill earned his degree from the School of Liberal Arts. He played for the Jaguars from 2004-08, before being drafted by the San Antonio Spurs.
Hill was one of two student speakers at the commencement ceremony on Saturday, telling students to “be a leader in your own life.”
He will meet the Cavs in Boston for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals tomorrow afternoon.
.@George_Hill3’s advice for the Class of 2018: “Trust your gut. Build your dream team. Don’t be afraid to take risks. Create a vision for you life. Be a leader in your own life. Give of yourself selflessly to make a positive change in another human being.” #iupuigrad18 pic.twitter.com/x5L1NsC1Gz
— IUPUI (@IUPUI) May 12, 2018
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on