The Cleveland Indians enter a very important eight game homestand starting tonight at Progressive Field.
Some would say the division is already on the line with the Indians sitting 11.5 games behind first place in the AL Central.
The team sitting at the top is the Minnesota Twins. The Twins are currently 40-18 on the season.
These two teams took the field back to open the season, with the Twins taking two of three at Target Field in Minnesota.
The Indians are currently 29-30 on the season. Tonight, they look to start the beginning of a comeback and try to get back in the division race.
On the mound for the Indians is right handed pitcher Shane Bieber.
Bieber is 4-2 with a 3.67 ERA. In Bieber first full season, it has been up and down type year. Some days he is untouchable, while other days he’s getting hit all over the ballpark.
His last time out he went 5 innings, 8 hits, 6 runs, 6 earned, 3 home runs, 6 strikeouts. He got the win against the Boston Red Sox. Bieber went 2-1 with a 3.66 ERA in the month of May.
On the mound for the Twins is left handed pitcher Devin Smeltzer. In his major league debut against Milwaukee, Smeltzer went 6 innings, 3 hits, and 7 strikeouts.
Although Devin isn’t one of twins top prospects. He should poised, command, and the ability keep hitters off-balanced.
Indians starting 9:
Twins starting 9:
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on