The regular season is in its final days, but that doesn’t make tough losses any easier to swallow.
Thursday the Indians had one of those tough losses against a pretty bad Kansas City Royals team, as the club wasted what could have been the final outing in an Indians uniform for Josh Tomlin, losing 2-1 in 10 innings.
Salvador Perez got the winning run home against Indians reliever Neil Ramirez, dropping him to 0-3 on the season.
The Tribe offense was around early, as they scored a single run in the first inning, but then pretty much took the rest of the night off as they never got another runner across home plate again.
There’s three more games of the series left as the Indians will turn to Mike Clevinger on Friday night with still a chance to get to 90 wins before the postseason.
Here’s three quick takeaways from the loss.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on