Gio Urshela Toronto Blue Jays
There was quite a bit of debate when the Indians decided to let Gio Urshela walk in favor of Erik Gonzalez, but now that it’s all said and done, the decision appears to have been the right now.
Upon his release from the Tribe earlier in the 2018 season he inked a deal with the Blue Jays, and appeared in 19 games hitting .233 (10-43,) one double, one homer with three RBI with two walks and 10 K’s.
He was then DFA’d by the Jays, and while in the minors was dealt to the New York Yankees on August 4th in exchange for cash considerations.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on