The numbers during the three losses to the Twins and even last night when it came to leaving runners in scoring position is staggering.
The Twins series saw the team go 1-for-23 with RISP, and then last night it reared its ugly head again – as they went 0-for-10.
The not coming up with clutch hits at home has been bad, so bad that it now appears on a number of nights that they are pressing at the plate, and the result has been loads of runners not crossing home plate.
On the road the team has just seemed a lot more comfortable coming up with key hits, though it’s still a number that has been concerning the entire season.
If this team is going to get back to the promise land, they have to find a way to get clutch hits at key times. It’s something they did last season – it hasn’t carried over (like a number of things) in 2017.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on