CLEVELAND – Cleveland Indians second baseman Jason Kipnis won’t be in the lineup tonight as the Tribe battles the San Diego Padres in game two of their three game set at Progressive Field.
Kipnis, who is hitting just .225 on the season, is a scratch due to a neck spasms, an issue that has kept him out of the lineup already twice in 2017.
Erik Gonzalez will take Kipnis’ place in the lineup, and will hit 9th. Bradley Zimmer will get a chance in the leadoff spot for the Indians.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on