3. Edwin’s Opening Act One to Forget
It had to be a rather odd day for new Indian Edwin Encarnacion, who first watched the team he lost to in October for the right to play the Cubs in the World Series get their rings before the game, and then he had a day he probably would love to wipe away at the plate.
On not one, but two occasions he came to the plate with the bases loaded for a chance to be a hero, and both times he grounded out into back breaking 5-4-3 double plays that killed innings.
Both times it looked like Encarnacion was thrown pitches down and in, and instead of taking, he really wanted to give Indians fans something to remember him by.
Sadly, all they remember of him thus far is a player that could have been the goat for leaving all kinds of men on base with shots to put the Tribe ahead.
He’s pressing, and thus far the numbers show it as he’s hitting just .185 on the season, with two K’s and two double plays in his first game at home.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on