2. Diaz Dazzling on Defense
The Indians appeared to be on the end of what could have been a stunning defeat in the 8th when after a double the Sox had runners on second and third with one out, and Leury Garcia up at the plate.
Against Andrew Miller, Garcia got a great swing on the ball and hit a sinking liner to third, and rookie Yandy Diaz made a huge grab before the ball hit the ground, stopping what likely would have been a pair of runs to give the Sox a 3-1 lead.
Diaz’s play was game-saving by all accounts, and while the youngster has a long way to go to stick at the Major League level, his play was one that wasn’t unnoticed by his teammates and manager as one that allowed the Indians to get the win.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on