4. Progressive Field Opening Day Walk-Off
There’s always something special about opening day, and on Tuesday, April 11th the team was able to pull off what to date has been their only home walk-off win of the season, a 2-1 win over the White Sox.
The game was a pitcher’s duel between Carlos Carrasco and James Shields, with Carrasco going 7 innings allowing a run on four hits with 7 Ks, and Shields went 5.1, allowing a run on two hits with six strikeouts.
The bullpens took over, and finally in the bottom of the 10th, the Indians were able to scratch across the game-winning run.
After back-to-back strikeouts to Abraham Almonte and Carlos Santana, Francisco Lindor drew a walk, and then Michael Brantley scorched a double to left field, and Lindor raced around third, scoring the winning run.
It’s odd to think at the halfway point it’s the only home walk-off win for the Indians, but it was one that sent the fans home happy to start the teams’ home schedule.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Browns’ Secondary is Key to Success in 2022 on
- NEO Staff Shares their All-Time Greatest Cleveland Baseball Lineups on
- Deshaun Watson Suspended Six Games on
- Deshaun Watson has Decided he will Accept the Opportunity to be the Quarterback for the Cleveland Browns on
- Will Benson Makes His Debut With The Cleveland Guardians on