Clevinger Shuts Down the Astros
The Houston Astros have become the darlings of baseball, winning 60 games, best in the American League and one behind the Dodgers for second-best in baseball.
They blew through just about every team in the American League, minus one – the Indians.
The Tribe for six games in the first half of the season beat the Astros five of those six times they played, with maybe the most memorable win being on May 20th at Minute Maid Park in Houston.
The Indians already had a Friday night win over the Astros, and on Saturday sent Mike Clevinger to the mound.
The team got a sensational outing from their starter, going seven innings, allowing no runs on two hits with two walks and 8 K’s in a 3-0 Indians win.
It was a great outing, the best thus far for Clevinger, who has been a solid fill-in for the team, going 5-3 with a 3.00 ERA this season.
He will be counted on for more quality starts in the second half this season.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Browns’ Secondary is Key to Success in 2022 on
- NEO Staff Shares their All-Time Greatest Cleveland Baseball Lineups on
- Deshaun Watson Suspended Six Games on
- Deshaun Watson has Decided he will Accept the Opportunity to be the Quarterback for the Cleveland Browns on
- Will Benson Makes His Debut With The Cleveland Guardians on