On Wednesday the Cleveland Indians announced the following news.
Abraham Almonte has been activated off of the Disabled List. Almonte played his last game on May 15 and has been out with a bicep strain.
Almonte will be in the lineup for this evening’s game against the San Diego Padres and will be batting seventh in the lineup as the Designated Hitter.
Indians first baseman Carlos Santana was also placed on the paternity list before Wednesday night’s game.
Lastly, Brad Mills will once again be managing the Indians tonight because Terry Francona is still at the Cleveland Clinic undergoing further tests and evaluations. Francona will be missing his 3rd full game tonight.
From Chris Antonetti today:
Terry remains at Cleveland Clinic and it'll be at least a few more days until he returns to the ballpark. pic.twitter.com/mL0ARmLChf
— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) July 5, 2017
Per the club, Francona is still at the Cleveland Clinic undergoing further evaluations and tests. This will be the 3rd full game he's missed
— Ryan Lewis (@ByRyanLewis) July 5, 2017
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns Coach Kevin Stefanski Set to Return for Divisional Game in Kansas City on
- Cavs trade Thomas, Frye and first-round pick to Lakers on
- Indians Decline 2018 Team Option on Relief Pitcher Boone Logan on
- Cavaliers Make Signing of Guard Deron Williams Official on
- Indians Reported to be in Talks for Milwaukee C Jonathan Lucroy on