Larry Nance Jr v Aaron Gordon
While Nance Jr isn’t expected to start the game, expect him to be matched up on Gordon. Gordon tied his season high ( 26pts) Sunday against the Spurs. One of Gordon’s best performances came days after one of his worst, as the big man only took five shots against the Clippers.
This is a good sign for Nance Jr and co. as it shows Gordon can get lost in games sometimes. Magic coach Steve Clifford echoed this thought last night, ” I’ve got to help him. His best games last year were a result of his energy level off the ball, finding ways to get him to the basket and his open spot-ups.”
Nance Jr is one of the Cavs most versitile defenders, and has the ability switch on to more athletic players like Gordon. The Cavs will have their hands full down low with Gordon, especially as he continues to extend his range in the NBA. Gordon isn’t the best playmaker the Magic have, as he is averaging under two assists per game but don’t let that full you, Gordon can beat you in a variety of ways.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on