The Browns host the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday. There was a time when a Cleveland win between the teams was virtually automatic, but that was long ago, when the Cardinals were located in Chicago and then St. Louis.
Cleveland has 33 wins and 13 losses in the series, and one game ended in a tie. The Browns won their first 12 games against the Chicago Cardinals and were 18-2 against them from 1950 through 1959. The Cardinals moved to St. Louis in 1960, and the Browns built their record in the matchup to 23-2-1 at one point. The teams have split six games since the Cardinals moved to Arizona in 1988, with the Browns losing three of four games since Cleveland’s return to the NFL in 1999.
Despite the long history between the teams, they have seldom met in critical games. The game that eventually played out as maybe the most important was an early-season meeting that ended in a tie.
Before the 5 most memorable Browns wins over the Cardinals are listed, this game must be noted:
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns Coach Kevin Stefanski Set to Return for Divisional Game in Kansas City on
- Cavs trade Thomas, Frye and first-round pick to Lakers on
- Indians Decline 2018 Team Option on Relief Pitcher Boone Logan on
- Cavaliers Make Signing of Guard Deron Williams Official on
- Indians Reported to be in Talks for Milwaukee C Jonathan Lucroy on