Next Friday, September 15 at 1:30 p.m. at Urban Community School in Cleveland, US Lacrosse, the sport’s governing body, will launch Lacrosse Communities Project-Cleveland, a new program developed to create opportunities for children in underserved urban populations to participate in lacrosse from grade school through adulthood.
In addition to launching Lacrosse Communities Project-Cleveland, a newly donated, small-sided lacrosse field at the Urban Community School will be unveiled. Hundreds of Urban Community School students will be present for the field unveiling, and a skills demonstration hosted by Cleveland State University men’s team players and Baldwin Wallace women’s team players will follow the formal press event.
At the event, interviews will be available with City of Cleveland Mayor Frank G. Jackson; Steve Stenerson, President and CEO of US Lacrosse; and various additional community leaders and elected officials.
What: Press conference announcing the launch of the Lacrosse Communities Project-Cleveland and unveiling of the small-sided lacrosse field, followed by a lacrosse skills demonstration hosted by Cleveland State University men’s team players, Baldwin Wallace women’s team players and 25-30 local Ohio City youth.
When: Friday, September 15
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Lacrosse Communities Project-Cleveland press conference and lacrosse field dedication
2:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Lacrosse youth skills demonstration
Where: Urban Community School
4909 Lorain Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44102
Who: Speakers to include:
– Mayor Frank G. Jackson, City of Cleveland
– Steve Stenersen, President and CEO, US Lacrosse
– Drew Roggenburk, President, US Lacrosse’s North Coast Ohio Chapter
– Tom McNair, Executive Director, Ohio City Inc.
– City Councilmember Kerry McCormack, City of Cleveland’s Ward 3
– John Ryan, State Director for Senator Sherrod Brown
– Representative Bill Patmon, House District 10
– Tom Gill, Associate Director, Urban Community School (master of ceremony)
In addition to the above, interviews are available with:
– Dave Cerny, Past-President, US Lacrosse’s North Coast Ohio Chapter
– John Gill, Arrupe Neighborhood Partnership
– Dylan Sheridan, Head Coach, Cleveland State University Men’s Lacrosse Team
– Jasmine Rowan, District Director for U.S. Representative Marcia Fudge
– Representative Stephanie Howse, House District 11
– Monyka Price, Chief of Education, Cleveland Mayor’s Office
Andrew Bevevino, firstname.lastname@example.org