Today marks Danny Salazar’s first start for the Cleveland Indians since September 27 2017.
For fun I have decided to do a short article on things that have taken place or changed since Salazar’s last start in Major League Baseball.
The Indians lineup on the day of Salazar’s last start was the following:
Francisco Lindor SS
Austin Jackson LF
Jose Ramirez 2B
Edwin Encarnacion DH
Carlos Santana 1B
Jay Bruce RF
Yandy Diaz 3B
Jason Kipnis CF
Yan Gomes C
- The Indians went 102-60 in 2017
- Since Danny’s last start Cleveland is 256-175
- Current Center Fielder, Oscar Mercado, was in AA for St. Louis
- Terry Francona wore number 17 instead of 77
- The Block C is now the Indians logo and Chief Wahoo has been replaced
- Carlos Santana Leaves and Comes back
- Indians trade away Edwin Encarnacion
- Gio Urshela had an average of .224 in 67 games. In 2019 he has an average of .311 in 88 games for the New York Yankees
- The payroll in 2017 was 131,958,928. In 2019 the Indians payroll is 121,131,088.
- Cleveland held the MLB All-Star Game
- Trevor Bauer is now currently with the Cincinnati Reds
- Jose Ramirez has hit 53 homers since
- Danny Salazar has grown out his hair
A few things have changed since Salazar’s last start in the MLB but many fans are still very supportive of him. Good luck to Danny Salazar tonight in his first start since September 27 2017.
Leave a Reply
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
August 1, 2019 at 7:29 pm
Pittsburgh Fan? Leave that part out, Not everyone shares their flaws; ) Don’t come jumping on my bandwagon this year!