Where there’s smoke, there’s usually almost fire, and with the Indians, that smoke at the moment surrounds the rumors over and over that the team is going to eventually deal ace pitcher Corey Kluber.
The two-time Cy Young award winner is coming off his first 20-win season, but the Tribe has a mountain of holes to fill after trades and losing free agents, and the best way to fill that hole is to trade from a position of strength, that being the starting rotation.
The team will surely get slammed (as if that’s anything new) if and when they trade Kluber, and right now the scuttlebutt is that two NL West teams, the Dodgers and Padres have their eyes on getting the Tribe ace.
Baseball is a business, and for the Indians, dealing Kluber will come down to it being a business deal, and today we take a look at why this eventual trade will be a good thing in the long run for the Indians as they get ready for the 2019 season.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: St. Edward Takes Advantage Of Fumbled Opportunities In 17-0 Win Over St. Ignatius on
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on