While the Cleveland Cavaliers are currently undefeated with the new rendition of their squad, the reports of how extreme the turmoil earlier in the season continues to come out. Today, it’s an unlikely name that has been brought into the bad vibes the team was experiencing.
The player is Dwyane Wade and it relates to the ruckus caused by the well-documented team meeting implosion in January. According to a report by cleveland.com’s Joe Vardon, Wade was the first to question Kevin Love about the illness that took him out of a blowout loss to Oklahoma City early in the first quarter. The Cavs would give up 148 points that afternoon and no one was happy. Naturally, someone was to blame and that someone was Love.
The previous reports stated that Isaiah Thomas was the primary player that came for Love in the closed-door meeting that had information seep through the cracks. However, it is now being stated by Vardon that Wade was the initial ‘instigator’ and even questioned Cleveland head coach Tyronn Lue to tell he and the team where Love had been on Sunday and why he was not at practice on that Monday.
Cleveland general manager Koby Altman traded Wade in the wave of moves he made during Trade Deadline Thursday in an attempt to find a better fit for the Cavaliers. In doing so, he sent Wade home to the Miami Heat and there appears to be no ill will held between the two sides.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Second Half Outlook: Can the Guardians Make a Run at the Division? on
- Cleveland Guardians Hosted “Play Ball” Event at League Park for the City’s Youth on
- Will Benson Makes His Debut With The Cleveland Guardians on
- The University of Akron Zips Unveiled their new Primary and Secondary Logos to create a “UNIFIED BRAND IDENTITY” on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on