By Don DiFrancesco
The Columbia Lady Raiders advanced in the OHSAA Division 3 North Ridgeville district tournament with a 47-30 win vs. Oberlin on Wednesday evening. Columbia will play Patriot Athletic Conference rival Lutheran West in the sectional final on Saturday at 1:00 p.m.
Columbia (12-11) used aggressive defense plus patient offense to subdue the Lady Phoenix. Junior guards Danielle Gerda and Serena Goode formed a nice “G & G” combination for Columbia with each player sinking six baskets. The Raiders enjoyed a solid 50-30 edge in rebounding on the night.
Oberlin junior Karissa Rankin scored all 11 of her team’s fourth-quarter points and was the game’s leading scorer with 16. The Phoenix ended their season at 4-19.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on